Relevant health and safety legislation
Site plans and hazard avoidance
Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be awarded with a Certificate of Competency.
The Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management is designed for those practitioners in the Construction sector who are working in a Policy-making, Director or Senior management capacity:
i.e. Contracts and Production Managers and Commercial Managers, Operations Directors of smaller construction companies, Property and Facilities Managers and Specialist Construction Managers; as well as those in Construction Project Management – i.e. those who oversee projects from inception to decommissioning, who advise stakeholders and who form and lead project delivery teams.
Achievement of the Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management provides individuals with the opportunity to work in specialist managerial positions in the UK, Middle East and other overseas locations as it is recognised as the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in Construction Management.
There are core mandatory units included in this qualification:
• Manage teams
• Lead and participate in meetings
• Provide ethical advice, judgement and service
• Develop self and others
Additional units can be selected from the list below:
• Prepare and agree a brief and development programme
• Manage design development and processes
• Assess and evaluate the environmental impact of developments
• Evaluate sustainable resources and requirements
• Manage marketing and customer service
• Establish project procurement arrangements
• Implement strategic sourcing partnerships
• Manage procurement processes
• Prepare and submit estimates, bids and tenders
• Ensure that contracts are prepared, negotiated and concluded
• Control income and expenditure
• Manage project risks, processes & evaluation
• Control project outcomes
• Evaluate and progress the resolution of disputes
• Manage project completion
You need to ideally have at least three years’ experience in the industry and in a job role that will support this qualification.
Building a portfolio of evidence
Answering written questions
Observation in the workplace
On sucessful completion of this qualification you will be awarded an Edexcel Accredited Certificate.
A CSCS Black card will be availible for you to apply for through the CITB.
At your chosen site location
Our assessors are fully flexible and can fit around your schedules.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”Marie, Riteweld Engineering
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.