You will become competent in the supervision of manual excavation and reinstatement on the highway
Know the skills supervisors need to carry out work to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
The Street Works Qualifications Register Card
This programme is designed for Supervisors who are required to monitor operatives performing excavation, backfill and reinstatement duties.
New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) training is compulsory for anyone who may be involved in working on and adjacent to the public highways.
We offer the full range of modules from cable avoidance to excavation and reinstatement for Operatives and Supervisors. Our street works training is delivered at a purpose-built centre.
Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
Monitor duties performed by Operatives for each unit and/or qualification in line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable
Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
- Unit 001 – Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Unit 010 – Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Unit 011 – Monitoring excavation of the highway
- Unit 012 – Monitoring reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- Unit 013 – Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials
- Unit 014 – Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials
- Unit 016 – Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Courses are available in units 001, 010-014, 016 and a separate certificate is issued for each unit. In addition, various combinations of the units will lead to a full Street Works qualification for which an SWQR card will be awarded.
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests)
SWQR ID Card
Get in touch
Please contact us directly – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I was on the HSA(+1) course yesterday at Fulbourn (nr Cambridge) and wanted to send an email praising our instructor.
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.”Adam, DSEI
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues