NRSWA Signing Lighting & Guarding Supervisor
Designed for all supervisory staff employed by local authorities, utilities and their contractors for the purpose of Signing, Lighting & Guarding of any road
To meet the legal requirements of people working on the highway. A very hands-on practical course with in-depth training
Understand the safety implications of carrying out Street works and the and avoidance of danger
Delegates will receive a SQA Certificate and a SWQR card
- Understand the safety implications of carrying out Street works, with particular reference to the protection of persons engaged in the works and avoidance of danger to the general public.
- Appreciate the need to maintain the free movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the site, if the works are to comply with the restrictions imposed by the works and the adoption of safe working practices.
- Demonstrate the correct layout of appropriate signs, barriers, lamps, warning notices etc in compliance with the relevant advisory documents.
- Recognise conditions that may necessitate the introduction of special measures such as the installation of portable traffic signals, traffic diversion, road closure etc.
- Maintain the correct operation of portable traffic signals and reposition equipment at work.
Delegates will receive a SQA Certificate and a SWQR card.
Please contact us
Please get in touch for dates – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I was on the HSA(+1) course yesterday at Fulbourn (nr Cambridge) and wanted to send an email praising our instructor.
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.”Adam, DSEI
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues