You will learn how to properly set up signing, lighting and guarding equipment on the streets.
You will know how to take adequate measures to minimise any inconvenience to the general public, and to maintain a safe environment
Delegates will receive
- Understand the safety implications of carrying out Street works, with particular reference to the protection of persons engaged in the works and avoidance of danger to the general public.
- Appreciate the need to maintain the free movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the site, if the works are to comply with the restrictions imposed by the works and the adoption of safe working practices.
- Demonstrate the correct layout of appropriate signs, barriers, lamps, warning notices etc in compliance with the relevant advisory documents.
- Recognise conditions that may necessitate the introduction of special measures such as the installation of portable traffic signals, traffic diversion, road closure etc.
- Maintain the correct operation of portable traffic signals and reposition equipment as work.
To meet the legal requirements of people working on the highway, this course is designed to meet the City & Guilds criteria. A very hands-on practical course with in-depth training accompanied by practical assessments. This course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
1 day course
Delegates will receive
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I was on the HSA(+1) course yesterday at Fulbourn (nr Cambridge) and wanted to send an email praising our instructor.
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.”Adam, DSEI
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues