Relevant health and safety legislation
Site plans and hazard avoidance
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will typically be provided with a certificate of training and ID card
|The course involves hands on use of the actual locators to detect and trace the route of buried underground services. This will cover the different types of buried services that exist, current legislation and best practice concerning detecting buried services, the safety implications of not using a locator and associated ancillary equipment, use of local utility plans, observation of evidence in the street etc.|
- Identify the components of the CAT & Genny
- State the function of each component part
- Identify the correct procedures for obtaining the best results from the Cat & Genny
- Identify the types of plant that cannot be located by the CAT used without the Genny
- Identify the types of plant that cannot be located bt the CAT and Genny when used together
- Demonstrate the safe techniques for: using the CAT to detect pipes and cables located inderground using power (p), radio (r) & genny (g); signal with the Genny in both induction and connection mode; operating the function check
Delegates will be assessed continuously during the course and via multiple choice exam paper
Half day course
CMT Certificate and ID Card
Please get in touch.
For dates please contact us – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”Marie, Riteweld Engineering
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.