Learn how to use abrasive wheels safely and in accordance with the ‘Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER98)’. Ensuring the safe use of petrol disc cutters and angle grinders.
This abrasive wheel awareness course raises awareness of the dangers and the control measures that should be put in place to reduce the risks that working with abrasive wheels present.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will typically be provided with a CMT ID Card and Certificate
All people using equipment at work must be adequately trained to ensure health and safety in its use, supervision or management. Some work activities require detailed formal training but, for most everyday activities involving work equipment, adequate training can be delivered in-house using the manufacturer’s instructions and the background
People should be competent for the work they undertake. Training – along with knowledge, experience and skill – helps develop such competence. However, competence may (in some cases) necessarily include medical fitness and
The Abrasive Wheels course will teach delegates how to operate wheel cutting equipment, the relevant legislation, different types of wheels, discs and the functions and the approved methods of inspecting, storing the equipment and to enable the delegate to use the equipment safely to reduce any injuries in the work place.
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels HSG17
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- The correct use of PPE
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels
- Diamond Wheels
- Electric and Petrol Machines
- Safe use of the machines and equipment
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels
- Adjustment of guards and rests
- Question papers with feedback from course delegates
- Practical exercise to include all elements of the above on bench grinders, portable disc cutters & grinders
Delegates will be assessed continuously during the training and via multiple choice assessment paper
Half Day Training
CMT ID Card and Certificate
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I was on the HSA(+1) course yesterday at Fulbourn (nr Cambridge) and wanted to send an email praising our instructor.
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.”Adam, DSEI
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues