Learn how to use abrasive wheels safely and in accordance with the ‘Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER98)’. Ensuring the safe use of petrol disc cutters and angle grinders.
This abrasive wheel awareness course raises awareness of the dangers and the control measures that should be put in place to reduce the risks that working with abrasive wheels present.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will typically be provided with a CMT ID Card and Certificate
All people using equipment at work must be adequately trained to ensure health and safety in its use, supervision or management. Some work activities require detailed formal training but, for most everyday activities involving work equipment, adequate training can be delivered in-house using the manufacturer’s instructions and the background knowledge / skills of more experienced workers and managers.
People should be competent for the work they undertake. Training – along with knowledge, experience and skill – helps develop such competence. However, competence may (in some cases) necessarily include medical fitness and physical / mental aptitude for the activity.
The Abrasive Wheels course will teach delegates how to operate wheel cutting equipment, the relevant legislation, different types of wheels, discs and the functions and the approved methods of inspecting, storing the equipment and to enable the delegate to use the equipment safely to reduce any injuries in the work place.
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels HSG17
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- The correct use of PPE
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels
- Diamond Wheels
- Electric and Petrol Machines
- Safe use of the machines and equipment
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels
- Adjustment of guards and rests
- Question papers with feedback from course delegates
- Practical exercise to include all elements of the above on bench grinders, portable disc cutters & grinders
Delegates will be assessed continuously during the training and via multiple choice assessment paper
Half Day Training
CMT ID Card and Certificate
To be announced
To be announced
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.