This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Overhead Travelling Crane.
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
- Current Legislation and regulations: LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, WAHR 2005, MHOR 1992, ACOPs BS7121 Parts 1 & 2, BS5744
- Duties of personnel involved in Lifting Operations
- Crane appreciation, types, applications, limitations and terminology
- Lifting equipment and lifting accessories documentation
- Load calculations, centre of gravities
- Risk assessments, method statements
- Safe working loads (SWL), Working load limits of lifting accessories, mode factors
- Types of lifting accessories and their application
- Communication procedures, signalling
- Understand the basics of power units, control systems and safety devices
- Crane daily inspections
- Isolating, fault reporting
- Operating crane in various planes as per manufacturers recommendation
- Controlling load movement with various load types
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Please get in touch for dates – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.” Adam, DSEI
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.” Dale, Bouygues