The Crane Supervisor course will enable delegates to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person.
You will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and industrial requirements.
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of Crane Supervisor
- Understanding the role of Appointed Person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones
- Delegates should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
- Crane Supervisor is a highly responsible role and only suitable personnel will be selected.
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment test for Supervisors within the last two years.
- 16th – 18th May
- 20th – 22nd June
- 11th – 13th July
- 22nd – 24th August
- 12th – 14th September
- 24th – 26th October
- 14th – 16th November
- 12th – 14th December
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.” Adam, DSEI
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.” Dale, Bouygues