This CPCS Appointed Person training course is suitable for Supervisors and Managers with a responsibility for lifting operations and who have sufficient experience of the use of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard. The course duration is 4 consecutive days including 1 day CPCS Theory and Practical Test.
The Appointed Person course will give delegates an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them. It will also provide delegates with the ability to interpret and apply sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the BS 7121 Safe Use of Cranes guidelines.
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation ‐ crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121
- Planning a lifting operation
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- 14th – 18th May
- 18th – 22nd June
- 9th – 13th July
- 20th – 24th August
- 10th – 14th September
- 22nd – 26th October
- 12th – 16th November
- 10th – 14th December
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.” Adam, DSEI
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.” Dale, Bouygues