Your chosen CPCS accredited category.
The courses theoretical element.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with a Red CPCS Trained Operator accredited card.
This CPCS Appointed Person training course is suitable for Supervisors and Managers with a responsibility for lifting operations and who have sufficient experience of the use of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard. The course duration is 4 consecutive days including 1 day CPCS Theory and Practical Test.
The Appointed Person course will give delegates an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them. It will also provide delegates with the ability to interpret and apply sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the BS 7121 Safe Use of Cranes guidelines.
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation ‐ crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121
- Planning a lifting operation
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
A high proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises will be supplemented with classroom based tutorials and pre and post course assessments.
• Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card
- 22nd – 26th October
- 12th – 16th November
- 10th – 14th December
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”Marie, Riteweld Engineering
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.