Your chosen CPCS accredited category.
Both theoretical and practical elements of the course
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with a Red CPCS Trained Operator accredited card.
•Comply with the relevant requirements of the Road Traffic Act / Construction and Use Regulations (where applicable)
•Preparation, loading and securing of plant machinery on to a vehicle transporter
•Preparation of the vehicle for road travel
•The off loading of plant machinery from the transporter
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a loader/securer
- Name and explain types of transporter, purpose, principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on the transporter and prime mover
- Configure and set for site and public highway travel, loaded and unloaded
- Prepare the area for plant loading and unloading duties
- Configure and set the transporter for loading and unloading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures
- Load or direct and position different items of plant on and off a trailer
- Arrange, secure and ready items of plant on the trailer in preparation for travel on the public highway
- Explain legislative requirements for transporting loads on the highway
- Explain considerations when planning a route on the public highway
- State requirements to be undertaken when loading and unloading on the public highway
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the Road Traffic Act requirements
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
• Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card
Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire / Site of your choice
For dates, please contact us – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.