Your chosen CPCS accredited category.
Both theoretical and practical elements of the course
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with a Red CPCS Trained Operator accredited card.
•Comply with the relevant requirements of the Road Traffic Act / Construction and Use Regulations (where applicable)
•Preparation, loading and securing of plant machinery on to a vehicle transporter
•Preparation of the vehicle for road travel
•The off loading of plant machinery from the transporter
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a loader/securer
- Name and explain types of transporter, purpose, principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on the transporter and prime mover
- Configure and set for site and public highway travel, loaded and unloaded
- Prepare the area for plant loading and unloading duties
- Configure and set the transporter for loading and unloading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures
- Load or direct and position different items of plant on and off a trailer
- Arrange, secure and ready items of plant on the trailer in preparation for travel on the public highway
- Explain legislative requirements for transporting loads on the highway
- Explain considerations when planning a route on the public highway
- State requirements to be undertaken when loading and unloading on the public highway
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the Road Traffic Act requirements
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
• Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card
Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire / Site of your choice
For dates, please contact us – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I was on the HSA(+1) course yesterday at Fulbourn (nr Cambridge) and wanted to send an email praising our instructor.
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.”Adam, DSEI
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues