Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be provided with a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card
The Slinger / Signaller training course is for potential and existing workers who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
The CPCS Slinger / Signaller course will give delegates training and assessment in slinging and signalling. Completing the course successfully will entitle delegates to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (after completing the appropriate CPCS Technical Tests).
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
• Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card
- 22nd – 25th May
- 12th – 15th June
- 3rd – 6th July
- 24th – 27th July
- 14th – 17th August
- 4th – 7th September
- 25th – 28th September
- 16th – 19th October
- 6th – 9th November
- 27th – 30th November
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I was on the HSA(+1) course yesterday at Fulbourn (nr Cambridge) and wanted to send an email praising our instructor.
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.”Adam, DSEI
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues