Relevant health and safety legislation
Site plans and hazard avoidance
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be provided with a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card
The Slinger / Signaller training course is for potential and existing workers who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
The CPCS Slinger / Signaller course will give delegates training and assessment in slinging and signalling. Completing the course successfully will entitle delegates to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (after completing the appropriate CPCS Technical Tests).
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
• Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card
- 16th – 19th October
- 6th – 9th November
- 27th – 30th November
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”Marie, Riteweld Engineering
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.