Your chosen CPCS accredited category.
Both theoretical and practical elements of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with a Red CPCS Trained Operator accredited card.
Operatives who regulary operate hoists on sites.
Personnel who want a job role change and would like to operate hoist’s on site.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Hoist, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant/equipment operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Check the stability, alignment and safety before use.
- Check that hoist-way protections is in position before use.
- Check that all gates and safety devices function according to specification.
- Undertake all pre-use and running checks.
- Check emergency lowering functions.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards.
- Load and unload materials following manual handling requirements.
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers.
- Operate the hoist to the limits of operation both loaded and unloaded.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain hoist working limitations.
- Place the hoist in an out-of-service condition, isolate and secure.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
• Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire / Site of your choice
Please get in touch for dates – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I was on the HSA(+1) course yesterday at Fulbourn (nr Cambridge) and wanted to send an email praising our instructor.
It wasn’t a course that I was heading to with much excitement to be honest, however….. out of all the courses I have been on over the last 18 years, Your’s was by far the most enjoyable.
Factual, fun, and well delivered.
I will pass my recommendations on and will look forward to coming back one day for another course.
Keep up the great work.”Adam, DSEI
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues