Your chosen CPCS accredited category.
Both theoretical and practical elements of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with a Red CPCS Trained Operator accredited card.
Operatives who regulary operate hoists on sites.
Personnel who want a job role change and would like to operate hoist’s on site.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Hoist, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant/equipment operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Check the stability, alignment and safety before use.
- Check that hoist-way protections is in position before use.
- Check that all gates and safety devices function according to specification.
- Undertake all pre-use and running checks.
- Check emergency lowering functions.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards.
- Load and unload materials following manual handling requirements.
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers.
- Operate the hoist to the limits of operation both loaded and unloaded.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain hoist working limitations.
- Place the hoist in an out-of-service condition, isolate and secure.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
• Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
• Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire / Site of your choice
Please get in touch for dates – 08433 301 236
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”Marie, Riteweld Engineering
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”Dale, Bouygues
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.