Safe Systems of Work for Confined Space Operations and the legal requirement and importance of a Confined Space Rescue Plan.
Confined Space Legislation, identification of confined spaces and their associated hazards, awareness of confined space risk assessments.
Certificate for Confined Space Entry (Low & Medium Risk) & Top Person Course valid for three years.
The City and Guilds Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces course is for people working in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as Medium Risk and who require pre-assessment training to prepare them for assessment.
A confined space is any space including chamber, vessel, tank, silo, pit or other similar space that is largely enclosed (not always entirely) that contains a foreseeable specified risk of serious injury.
A ‘specified risk’ can be any of the following:
- Fire or explosion causing serious injury
- Gas, fume, vapour or lack of oxygen causing loss of consciousness
- Increase in body temperature causing loss of consciousness
- Increase in the level of liquid causing drowning
- Free flowing solids causing asphyxiation
• Health & safety overview
• The Confined Spaces Regulations 1997 & Approved Code of Practice
• Identification of risks and their control
• Workplace safety
• Weil’s Disease and sewage decontamination
• Hazardous atmospheres and gas monitoring
• The risk assessment process
• Operation of safe systems of work
• Use of permit to work control measures
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), pre-use inspection and safe operation (IP rated, intrinsically safe and ATEX approved)
• Fall arrest systems
• Safe entry/exit
• Emergency procedures
• Theoretical and practical training on escape breathing apparatus
Course tuition will include a high proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom-based tutorials and pre and post-course assessments.
All candidates must be cleanly shaven if this is not possible we must be notified prior to the course date.
Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and work gloves for the practical exercises.
Any person attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
Candidates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examination paperwork will be in English only.
Question papers and practical assessment observation checklists will be submitted upon assessment completion and certificates will be issued subject to final verification – valid for 3 years.
Fulbourn, Cambridge Training Facility
Open course dates available throughout the year
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgeable and really helpful in responding to training queries. We would definitely recommend CMT”
“The training went very well, at a good steady pace throughout. I had excellent support which without I wouldn’t have got through the course.On various courses with different training providers, I never got this level of support throughout and even felt neglected at times.
The Fulbourn centre has excellent facilities which were great to learn and develop in.”
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.