HIGH - Working in High Risk Confined Space
For people working in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as High Risk.
Content covered during this course include:
- Confined Space Regulations 1997
- Interpret the Water UK Confined Spaces classification scheme
- Risk assess residual hazards
- Recognise changing environments
- Prepare to work safely in high risk environments
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in high risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for working in high risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces
- Two days training and one days assessment
Assessment & exams
- Course tuition will include a high proportion of hands on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials and pre and post course assessments. The learner will be given the opportunity to show they can resolve problems through evidence gained during practical exercises.
- Question papers and practical assessment observation checklists will be submitted upon assessment completion and certificates will be issued subject to final verification – valid for 3 years.
- All candidates must be clean shaven, if this is not possible we must be notified prior to the course date.
- Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.
- Any person attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
- Candidates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examination paperwork will be in English only.
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us