A21 - Wheeled Loading Shovel
The CPCS Wheeled Loading Shovel course will give delegates training and assessment in operating and maintaining a Wheeled Loading Shovel through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical instruction.
This course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
Content covered during this course include:
- Undertake all pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures, mount and dismount
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards
- Prepare and configure the Wheeled Loading Shovel for site and road travel
- Place the machine in an out of service condition
- Carry out excavations from an embankment of different materials and form stockpiles and ramps
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Explain Loading/unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).