TOP - Top Man for High Risk Confined Space (C&G 6150-14) Non Entrant
The Top Man course is for persons responsible for the supervision and permit writing of entrants at confined spaces where work has been assessed as Medium or High Risk. This course is run in conjunction with a Working in High Risk Confined Spaces course.
Content covered during this course include:
- Confined Space Regulations 1997
- Interpret the Water UK Confined Spaces classification scheme
- Permit entry according to risk assessment methods
- Risk assess residual hazards
- Prepare to act as a safety attendant for teams working in confined spaces
- Oversee safe entry and exit to confined spaces
- Monitor work team to ensure safety procedures are followed
- Establish and maintain a safety zone
- Deal with emergencies
- Assemble, brief and deploy staff
- Determine and establish an adequate means of onsite and offsite communications
- Establish control ststems required by the risk assessment
- Control all work within the agreed risk assessment method
- Close down the safety zone and the confined space
- React positively in an emergency situation
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces
- Two days training and one days assessment.
Assessment & exams
- Course content will include written tasks, classroom based tutorials and pre and post course assessments
- Question papers and practical assessment observation checklists will be submitted upon assessment completion and certificates will be issued subject to final verification – valid for 3 years.
- Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.
- Any person attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
- Candidates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examination paperwork will be in English only.
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us