SSS - SSSTS Course Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
SSSTS Course Introduction
The SSSTS course is for first line managers – those who have or are site supervisors or are about to get construction site supervisory responsibilities who need an understanding of legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities.
SSSTS is an abbreviation from the initial letter of the words ‘Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme’ which is a training course we offer for Supervisors in the Construction Industry and maintained by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). The SSSTS course is a very popular course and can lead to other job opportunities in the construction industry.
A construction site is a dangerous place and there are thousands of deaths, injuries and accidents happening on building sites around the UK every year. Our SSSTS course will give you the skills, knowledge and information needed to create a safe working environment. The SSSTS course provides a sound knowledge base enabling supervisors to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.
It is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites and provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
SSSTS Course Overview
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
Content covered during this course include:
- Health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- Your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- Risk assessments and the need for method statements
- Effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitoring site activities effectively
- Timely intervention when bad practice is identified
- Two days training
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Delegates will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
- Upon successfully completing the course delegates will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.