SMS - SMSTS Course Site Management Safety Training Scheme
SMSTS Course Information
The SMSTS course (part of the Site Safety Plus training scheme) is a site management course that provides project managers, site managers and supervisors, business proprietors and client-based personnel with the knowledge and skills to enable them to ensure healthy and safe conditions for construction site employees.
Possession of the SMSTS course qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
Important SMSTS Course Refresher Changes
Candidates must take an SMSTS Refresher course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise the full SMSTS course will have to be taken again. The six month grace period that used to be in place will cease to exist from 1 January 2016.
Content covered during this course include:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural Safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces
SMSTS Course duration:
- Five days training
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. In addition, delegates will be required to undertake some self-study outside of the course. Delegates will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
- Delegates will receive a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate for the course on successful completion and it is valid for 5 years.