A40 - Slinger / Signaller
The CPCS Slinger / Signaller course will give delegates training and assessment in slinging and signalling. Completing the course successfully will entitle delegates to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (after completing the appropriate CPCS Technical Tests).
Slinger / Signaller training can take place at one of our purpose built training facilities, including our new centre in Cambridge, or at your site. The Technical Tests will be carried out at our registered training facility.
The Slinger / Signaller training course is for potential and existing workers who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
This course is an ideal entry point into the lifting industry.
Content covered during this course include:
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them.
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).