SSR - Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher
The SSSTS Refresher course will reinforce and update your knowledge and understanding of your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.This course is for you if you have previously passed the Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS).
This refresher brings your health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving you a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. It builds on the material in the original course.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation affecting your supervisory role
implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
fulfil your responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Content covered during this course include:
- Health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- Your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- Risk assessments and the need for method statements
- Effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitoring site activities effectively
- Timely intervention when bad practice is identified
- One day training
- Delegates must hold a valid Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years.
- Delegates must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Delegates will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
- Upon successfully completing the course, delegates will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.