SLG - Signing, Lighting and Guarding (and Monitoring of) (Unit 002 & 010)
The Signing, Lighting and Guarding course is intended for operatives or supervisors involved in utility works and working on public roads and footpaths throughout the UK.
The Signing, Lighting and Guarding course covers the traffic and pedestrian management element of the works but does not cover actual excavation or reinstatement work; this is covered on the full street works course.
Content covered during this course include:
- New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
- Basic principles of Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Traffic control measures
- Practical use of the Approved Code of Practice 2002
- Portable Traffic Lights
- Practical use of equipment
Assessment & exams
- A high proportion of hands on demonstrations and practical exercises, as well as a hand-out pack. Assessment will be by written test paper and observations during the course.
- Candidates should provide their own PPE including, hi-vis, gloves, protective footwear, safety glasses and hard hat.
- Candidates should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
- Each candidate needs to supply 2 passport photos for their ID card.
- On completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance that is valid for five years.
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us