A31 - Ride on Roller
The CPCS Ride on Roller course will give delegates training and assessment in operating and maintaining a Ride on Roller through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical instruction.
This course is suitable if you have received no formal instruction. If you wish to refresh your skills, we offer a short duration course.
On successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests you will be eligible for a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
Content covered during this course include:
- All pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures
- Set roller for travel
- Awareness of on-site hazards
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Place roller in an out of service condition
- Recognise compacted/uncompacted areas
- Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- Safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges
- Loading and unloading procedures on/off a transporter
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).