PAS - PASMA Towers for Users
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 require that user of work equipment receive “adequate” training. The aim of this course is to instruct an operator to safely erect, use, move and dismantle a mobile access tower.
PASMA are committed to the highest standards of practice and operate the industry standard training scheme which trains thousands of delegates each year through a select network of approved training centres. All PASMA training centres are audited annually to ensure that they continue to meet the stringent standard set by us. In 2012, around 60,000 delegates were PASMA trained.
In addition to the renowned Towers for Users course, PASMA also delivers a range of specialist courses. These courses enjoy an enviable reputation amongst management and health and safety practitioners, who seek objective proof of competence for staff engaged in the assembly, use, inspection and dismantling of towers.
Content covered during this course include:
- Facilities introduction, ID Card overview
- Pre-course theory test
- Tower categories
- Structural parts
- Regulations (HSWA, PUWER, WAHR, RIDDOR, PPE)
- Risk assessment / Safe system of work
- Pre-use inspections / care / maintenance
- Safe erection, moving and dismantling methods & hazards
- Tower inspection criteria / tagging systems
- Post course theory test (80% pass mark)
- Practical training - erecting and dismantling a typical tower
- Practical assessment (80% pass mark)
Assessment & exam
- Closed book course with a pass mark of 80% in both theory and practical
- A PASMA PhotoCard and Certificate will be issued to successful delegates who complete the theory and practical sessions which have a five year validity period
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us