NRS - NRSWA Supervisors Training (Units 001, 010-014, 016)
The purpose of this course is to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform Supervisor duties to the standards in line with the NRSWA Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
This programme is designed for Supervisors who are required to monitor operatives performing excavation, backfill and reinstatement duties.
New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) training is compulsory for anyone who may be involved in working on and adjacent to the public highways.
We offer the full range of modules from cable avoidance to excavation and reinstatement for Operatives and Supervisors. Our street works training is delivered at a purpose built centre.
Content covered during this course include:
- Unit 001 - Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Unit 010 - Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Unit 011 - Monitoring excavation of the highway
- Unit 012 - Monitoring reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- Unit 013 - Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials
- Unit 014 - Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials
- Unit 016 - Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Five days training
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the NRSW Act 1991
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
- Monitor duties performed by Operatives for each unit and/or qualification in line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
- Courses are available in units 001, 010-014, 016 and a separate certificate is issued for each unit. In addition, various combinations of the units will lead to a full Street Works qualification for which an SWQR card will be awarded.