NRO - NRSWA Operatives Training (Units 001-006 & 009)
The aim of this Operatives training course is to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties to the standards prescribed in-line with the NRSWA Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
This programme is designed for Operatives who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement of various materials for undertaking street works.
New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) training is compulsory for anyone who may be involved in working on and adjacent to the public highways.
We offer the full range of modules from cable avoidance to excavation and reinstatement for Operatives and Supervisors. Our street works training is delivered at a purpose built centre.
Content covered during this course include:
- Unit 001 - Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Unit 002 - Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Unit 003 - Excavation in the highway
- Unit 004 - Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- Unit 005 - Reinstatement of sub-base and road base nonbituminous materials
- Unit 006 - Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- Unit 009 - Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Five days training
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the NRSW Act 1991
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
- Perform duties of each unit and/or qualification in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
- Courses are available in units 001 – 006 and 009 and a separate certificate is issued for each unit. In addition, various combinations of the units will lead to a full Street Works qualification for which an SWQR card will be awarded.