A60 - Mobile Crane
The Mobile Crane course will give delegates training and assessment in operating and maintaining a mobile crane safely and productively. It is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training under simulated ‘on site’ conditions.
The CPCS Mobile Crane training course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
This training can take place at one of our purpose built training facilities, including our new centre in Cambridge, or at your site. The Technical Tests will be carried out at our registered training facility.
On successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests you will be eligible to hold a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
Content covered during this course include:
- Operate mobile cranes safely and productively
- Respond to recognised crane signals accurately
- Position the crane correctly
- Alter jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand duties charts
- Programme safe-load indicators
- Understand the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Understand the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Observe statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
- Understand the safe use of outriggers
- Be aware of transport regulations and how to prepare to go on the public highway
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- Delegates must have a Group C category licence is required for driving on the open road.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).