A36 - Lorry Loader
The Lorry Loader course will give you training and assessment in operating and maintaining a Lorry Loader through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical instruction.
The CPCS Lorry Loader training course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
This training can take place at one of our purpose built training facilities, including our new centre in Cambridge, or at your site. The Technical Tests will be carried out at our registered training facility.
Content covered during this course include:
- Undertake all pre-start, running checks and shutdown procedures
- Stability factors
- Configure for travel (site and highway)
- Configure and set for lifting duties
- Place material onto transporting vehicles
- Lifting requirements and lifting exercise
- Explain loading/unloading procedures for transportation of loads
- Place machine out of service
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).