A59c - Lifting with Excavators
The CPCS Lifting with Excavators training course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
Experienced operators will only need to undertake a one-day course, whilst inexperienced operators will need to undertake a two-day course.
This training can take place at one of our purpose built training facilities, including our new centre in Cambridge, or at your site. The Technical Tests will be carried out at our registered training facility.
Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS endorsement on your existing card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
Content covered during this course include:
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- Interpret the information provided by load charts and lift plans
- Understand which routine adjustments and safety checks are legally required with regard to lifting accessories, and know how to carry them out
One or two days dependent upon experience
- Delegates must already hold CPCS A59 Excavator 360 Tracked
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS endorsement to their existing card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).