HSA - Health and Safety Awareness (HSA)
This Health and Safety Awareness one day course can be for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry. The course gives delegates an awareness of health and safety and how it affects their daily role.
This course highlights potential hazards when working on site and provides practical advice on keeping yourself and your colleagues safe. It covers your individual and employer’s responsibilities, including what you can do if you think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
It is also the first step towards a CSCS Labourers Card (Green Card) and to the progressive CITB Site Safety Plus suite of courses that range from training for operatives into the industry up to senior manager / director.
Content covered during this course include:
- The need to prevent accidents
- Health and safety law
- How your role fits into the control and management of the site
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Performing safely and asking for advice
- How to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
- The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have any concerns in this area, please call us.
Assessment & Exams
- This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion and group work. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
- Candidates on successful completion receive are awarded the Construction Skills (CSkills) Health and Safety Awareness Certificate.
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us