HSI - Harness Safety and Inspection
The Harness Safety and Inspection course aims to understand the requirement for, and carry out a thorough periodical inspection of Safety Harnesses and safely inspect and wear a Safety Harness as to the manufacturer’s instructions and company policy and procedure.
Candidates must be able to identify the intended use of common items of fall protection equipment, requirements for pre use inspection and correct fitting and adjustment of a full body harness including a good understanding of all current associated legislation requirements.
Working at heights can be dangerous, and you need the best safety equipment you can get. Safety Harness’s are essential when working at height and so are all the other products you can associate with working at height.
Working at Heights is one of the biggest causes of personal injury within the workplace, you must have the correct equipment to stay safe. A safety harness will save your life, so will other forms of fall protection.
Content covered during this course include:
- Health & Safety at Work legislation and regulations
- Identify types of fall arrest / restraint equipment
- Select fall arrest / restraint equipment
- CE markings
- Correct fitting of harnesses
- Shock absorbing lanyards and fall arrest blocks
- Anchor points and connectors
- Care and maintenance of equipment
- Inspection of harnesses and recording requirements
- Manufacturers instruction manual (MIM) and associated paperwork
Assessment & exams
- Delegates will be assessed continuously during the course and via multiple choice assessment paper.
- Candidates will receive an in house certificate which will be valid for three years.
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us