A59 - Excavator 360° Above 10 Tonnes
The Excavator 360° above 10t course will give delegates training and assessment in operating and maintaining an excavator safely and productively. It is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training under simulated ‘on site’ conditions.
Excavator training can take place at one of our purpose built training facilities, including our new centre in Cambridge, or at your site. The Technical Tests will be carried out at our registered training facility.
The CPCS Excavator 360° Above 10t training course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
On successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests, delegates will be eligible to hold a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
Content covered during this course include:
- Operate the excavator 360° tracked safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Which routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).