A12 - Excavator 180° Wheeled Above 5 Tonnes
The CPCS Excavator 180° Wheeled course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
The CPCS Excavator 180° Wheeled training course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
Excavator training can take place at one of our purpose built training facilities, including our new centre in Cambridge, or at your site. The Technical Tests will be carried out at our registered training facility.
Completing the course successfully will entitle delegates to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
Content covered during this course include:
- Operate the 180° wheeled excavator safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary, and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes ad limitations of each machine
- Apply the necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).