EFAW - Emergency First Aid at Work
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
This one-day course will help you meet your regulatory requirements if your risk assessment indicates that first aid training covering emergency protocols only, is sufficient for your workplace.
Content covered during this course include:
- Understand the role of the First Aider, including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection, the need to take details and record incident and action, and the use of equipment available
- To be able to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizures
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitations
- Administer first aid to a casualty who may be: choking; wounded and bleeding; suffering from a stroke, and also provide first aid to minor injuries (small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds)
- One day training
Assessment & exams
- Written assessment and continuous observation by the trainer.
- Delegates will be issued with a certificate on completion which will last three years.