A56 - Dump Truck Articulated Chassis
The Dump Truck Articulated Chassis course will give delegates training and assessment in operating and maintaining dump trucks with an articulated chassis. Delegates will recognise the risks associated with quick hitch devices and find out how to use them safely.
It is normal for this Dump Truck test to be taken on site, due to the nature of the equipment, and the environment required.
The CPCS Dump Truck Articulated Chassis training course is for potential and existing workers who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
Content covered during this course include:
- Operating the machine to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- Which routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).