A05 - Dragline
The CPCS Dragline course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
It is normal for this test to be taken on site, due to the nature of the equipment, and the environment required.
This Dragline training course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
Completing the course successfully will entitle delegates to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
Content covered during this course include:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and guages
- Identify and comply with manufacturers' requirements in accordance with the operator's handbook, other information sources i.e. duties charts and applicable regulations
- Explain all relevant documentation
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks
- Set the dragline for travel
- Manoeuvre the dragline in confined areas
- Set up the dragline in order to dig trenches
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards
- Form a stockpile by cutting below ground level using bucket attachment following industry practices
- Position the dragline to load a lorry or hopper
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Place the dragline in an out-of-service condition
- Explain de-rigging procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).