A62 - Crane Supervisor
The Crane Supervisor course will enable delegates to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person.
The CPCS Crane Supervisor training course is essential for supervisors and managers with responsibility for supervising lifting operations.
You will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and industrial requirements.
This course will be carried out at one of our registered training facilities – including our new flagship centre in Cambridge.
Content covered during this course include:
- Legistlastion, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of Crane Supervisor
- Understanding the role of Appointed Person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones
- Three days including CPCS Tests
- Delegates should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
- Crane Supervisor is a highly responsible role and only suitable personnel will be selected.
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment test for Supervisors within the last two years.
Assessment and exams:
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).