ASB - Asbestos Awareness
This Asbestos Awareness course will explain the properties of asbestos, including its effect on health, whilst detailing the types, uses and most common occurrences of asbestos in both buildings and plant. All delegates will have the opportunity to see a wide variety of asbestos samples.
Delegates will also acquire insight into the procedures that should be followed in the event of an emergency and how to avoid the risks from ACMs. Delegates will be advised on the appropriate PPE & RPE that should be worn and the safety measures that should be taken.
Content covered during this course include:
- The properties of asbestos and the effect on health
- Types, uses and risks of ACM's in building and plant
- General emergency procedures for accidental release of asbestos dust
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
- HSE Safety Booklet for Delegates - Asbestos Essentials
Assessment & exams
- Delegates will be assessed continuously during the course and via multiple choice assessment paper
- Delegates will receive a CMT certificate and ID Card
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us