A61 - Appointed Person (Lifting Operations)
The Appointed Person course will give delegates an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them. It will also provide delegates with the ability to interpret and apply sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the BS 7121 Safe Use of Cranes guidelines.
This CPCS Appointed Person training course is suitable for Supervisors and Managers with a responsibility for lifting operations and who have sufficient experience of the use of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard. The course duration is 4 consecutive days including 1 day CPCS Theory and Practical Test.
On successful completion of the CPCS Technical tests delegates will receive the CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
If delegates already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, on completion of this course they will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.
Content covered during this course include:
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation ‐ crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121
- Planning a lifting operation
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
- Five days training and assessment
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests)
- If delegates already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, on completion of this course they will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.