ABC - Achieving Behavioural Change (ABC)
The Achieving Behavioural Change (ABC) course provides training on the benefits of adopting behavioural change, for all contractors who work on construction and civil engineering projects. This course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of how attitude, behaviour, communication and worker engagement at all levels can help prevent the chances of accidents occurring. The course can be applied to any construction situation. It features the use of the point of work assessment STAARR (Stop, Think, Assess, Act, Report and Review) and the TASK (Think first, Act safe, Stop if hazardous, and Keep safe) card. This is a simple dynamic risk assessment system used where contractors or suppliers through the life of a programme have not adopted their own system.
This course is for you if you’re required to adopt behavioural change relating to site safety in a construction setting.
It provides you with an understanding of how attitude, behaviour, communication and worker engagement, at all levels, can help prevent the chances of accidents occuring.
Content covered during this course include:
- The basic legal duties of employers and employees
- Define hazards, risks and control measures
- List possible causes of accidents
- Understand the link between attitude and behaviour
- Understand the costs of poor safety performance
- Understand the benefits of good safety performance
- Put ABC into practice using the STARR and TASK card
- Course assessment
- Any person within the building, construction and civil engineering industries, who has people management responsibility.
Assessment & Exams
- A high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies supplemented with classroom based tutorial.
- Delegates will be continuously assessed during the course in preparation for the final examination.
- Candidates on successful completion receive are awarded the Construction Skills (CSkills) Achieving Behavioural Change Certificate.
For further information or to book a place please call Booking and further information08433 301236
or email us