A02 - Crawler Crane
The CPCS Crawler Crane course aims to make delegates more aware of the method and basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Crawler Crane and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
This CPCS Crawler Crane training course is for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
Completing the course successfully will entitle delegates to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
Content covered during this course include:
- Operating the crane safely and productively
- Responding to recognised crane signals accurately
- Positioning the crane correctly
- Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carrying out routine maintenance and making minor adjustments
- Understanding safe-load indicators and duties charts
- Identify the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Programming safe-load indicators
- Understanding the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Observing the statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Gauging the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Recognising the principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
- Dependent upon experience
- Delegates must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
- Delegates will be assessed through both theory and practical tests.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests)